Drawing on Joe Satrianis knowledge accumulated from decades of groundbreaking performances, both live and in the studio, VOX unveils a breakthrough in guitar tone in The Satchurator distortion pedal. Designed to Satrianis exact specification, the Satchurator produces Satrianis signature tone and adds features and improvements never before combined in a distortion pedal.
After almost a year of painstaking experimentation and road testing, Satriani and the VOX R&D team discovered the secrets to capturing the ultimate distortion tone in a modern-day effects pedal. The Vox Satchurator is capable of very high gain levels, but operates more quietly and musically than many other modern distortion pedals. It also preserves the tone and pick attack regardless of style, while providing distortions from subtly distorted blues tones through classic rock and shred.
"The Satchurator is the most musical, most dynamic, multi-function distortion pedal I've ever played through" says Satriani. "This little red box is a monster tone generator. Following my specifications without compromise, and adding design innovations I never thought possible, the VOX team has delivered exactly what I need for the stage and studio—a distortion pedal that responds to my touch, and produces a big, natural, harmonically rich tone compatible with any
- Analog distortion pedal designed under the complete supervision of Joe Satriani
- Controls for Gain, Tone and Volume
- 'More' gain boost switch enables two footswitchable distortion sounds in one pedal. This gain boost is dramatic when gain knob is set low, and is a subtle solo boost when gain knob is set to maximum.
- 'Pad' switch pads down input to allow for high gain pedals (such as modern wahs) placed before Satchurator. Up is pad 'ON'. Down is pad 'OFF' for full Satchurator effect.
- High gain, low noise design provides vintage to modern distortion sounds
- Dynamic circuit is highly responsive to rolling off the guitar's volume and preserves the guitar's high end when the volume is rolled off.