Become a Better Drummer, Faster.
When you’re serious about drumming, you need a kit to match your ambition. The V-Drums TD-17 series lets your technique shine through, backed up with training tools to push you further. Combining a TD-50-class sound engine with newly developed pads results in an affordable electronic drum kit that’s authentically close to playing acoustic drums—accurately mirroring the physical movement, stick coordination and hand/foot control that every drummer needs. Meanwhile, an array of built-in coaching functions will track your technique, measure your progress and increase your motivation. Becoming a better drummer is still hard work, but the TD-17 can help you get there.
- Develop stick-control and correct playing technique with large 12-inch double-mesh snare
- VH-10 Hi-hat cymbal with natural motion and open/close detection helps learn hi-hat control
- Natural, rich and dynamic drum sounds, inherited from flagship TD-50 sound engine
- Learn expressive foot control and pedal technique with the KD-10 Kick pad
- Two crash cymbals and expansion possibilities support your individual playing style and performance
- Improve your sense of time with Time Check and Quiet Count as part of Coach Mode
- Warm-up menu provides a basic daily exercise routine to help your playing progress
- Enjoy playing along with your favorite tunes by streaming audio from your smartphone to the TD-17 via Bluetooth® audio
- Choose a kit that matches the tune or style you’re playing, from 50 premium preset drum kits
- Adjust the ambience of each kit to match the venues you perform at
- Customize the preset drum kits to match your preferred drum sound
- Import your own samples for a drum sound that matches the original recording
- Watch video lessons on your smartphone and play along, while the audio comes through the headphones via Bluetooth
- Develop your playing and timing with free to download ‘Melodics for V-Drums’ software (PC/Mac)
Authentic Playing Feel and Skill-Building Tools
If you regularly play acoustic drums, you shouldn’t have to change your playing style to use an electronic drum kit. You can use the same playing techniques you’d use on an acoustic kit, without compromise, thanks to the large 12-inch snare* and a natural feeling hi-hat** that can even be mounted on an acoustic hi-hat stand. And being based on the flagship TD-50 sound engine, the sounds faithfully reproduce the character and tone of acoustic drums, with lightning fast response time.
PDX-12 12” snare pad included with TD-17KV and TD-17KVX only
**VH-10 hi-hats included with TD-17KVX model only
The Essential Tools to Improve Your Drumming
First thing’s first: drummers should be able to keep a solid beat before moving on to the exciting stuff. But mastering the basics is exciting too, as it provides a solid foundation for building your skills, not forgetting that tracking your progress is highly motivating too. The TD-17 module includes a Coach Mode to support your daily exercise regime. You can warm up, develop your sense of groove, tempo and timing, and even work on your stamina—all with a score that tells you how you’re doing.
Join Your Favorite Band No Audition Necessary
Although playing endless drum solos is undeniably fun, it only takes you so far. Push your drumming further by playing along with your favorite bands, or rehearse the tunes you’ll be playing on stage. Wirelessly stream favorite songs from your smartphone to the TD-17 via Bluetooth audio, and hear the entire performance through your headphones. You can even record your performance and then listen back, to decide where you need to improve.
*TD-17K-L does not support Bluetooth.
Preparing To Play Live
When rehearsing, it’s important to play with the same familiar drum sounds that you’ll be using on stage. The TD-17 includes a variety of expressive modelled drum sounds inherited from the flagship TD-50, so you’ll be sure to find the perfect drum sound as you prepare for the gig.
Learn At Your Own Pace with Online Lessons and Desktop Applications
Aside from studying with a drum teacher, there are plenty of online drum lessons or computer-based learning methods. The TD-17 is designed to help you improve—however you like to learn.
Performance under Pressure, For Years to Come
Roland V-Drums are built to be reliable—from the sound module, to the pads, right down to the pedals; each component must deliver, across every scenario and in every performance. The pads and pedals used in the TD-17 series are engineered to take a beating, but their playability also endures. And as your skills and ambitions grow, you can expand your TD-17 by adding an extra crash cymbal or second snare—safe in the knowledge that you’re using the same durable components favored by pro drummers.
|Drum sound module||TD-17 x 1|
|Snare||PDX-12 x 1|
|Tom||PDX-8 x 3|
|Hi-Hat||CY-5 x 1|
|Hi-Hat control pedal||FD-9 x 1|
|Crash||CY-8 x 1|
|Ride||CY-8 x 1|
|Kick||KD-10 x 1|
|Drum Stand||MDS-4V x 1 (included in U.S. only)|
|Extra trigger input jack||2 (CRASH 2, AUX)|
|Options (sold separately)|
|Drum stand||MDS series *1|
|Cymbal mount||MDY series|
|Pad mount||MDH series|
|Personal drum monitor||PM series|
|V-Drums accessory package||DAP-3X|
|V-Drums mat||TDM series|
|Noise eater||E-100, NE-10|
|Width||1,300 mm 51-3/16 inches|
|Depth||1,100 mm 43-5/16 inches|
|Height||1,200 mm 47-1/4 inches|
|Weight||23.0 kg 50 lbs 12 oz|