The Genelec 1238CF Tri-amplified DSP Monitoring System is a single, full-range active speaker cabinet intended to provide flat, mid-field monitoring in professional recording studios, feature film studios, mastering suites and post production studios alike. The Genelec 1238CF's tri-amplified design yields extensive DSP (Digital Signal Processing) and flexible control with Genelec's Loudspeaker Manager software (GLM). Easily network the 1238CF with additional Genelec monitors such as the 8200/7200 series. The speaker is also optimized for use with single or multiple subwoofers in mid-sized control rooms.
Genelec's proprietary Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW) technology is credited for its accurate and detailed stereo imaging and balanced frequency response at both on and off axis. Versatile crossover controls allow for precise matching of the loudspeaker system to different acoustic conditions. The speaker's cabinet is designed with easy access release hinges, making amplifier maintenance easy. Its painted MDF construction is heavily braced to eliminate resonance and structural noise.
- Compact three-way DSP monitoring with tri-amplified design
- Compatible with proprietary Genelec Loudspeaker Manager (GLM) control software
- Can be combined with Genelec 8200/7200 Series products in the same control network
- Optimized for systems utilizing one or multiple subwoofers in medium sized control rooms and suited for music recording studios, film and video post-production and general broadcasting monitoring as well as for mastering suites.
- Performs well as a free-standing monitor and flush mounted into the control room wall (must properly ventilated)
- The Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW) Technology developed by Genelec provides excellent stereo imaging and frequency balance even in difficult acoustic environments.
- Versatile crossover controls allow for precise matching of the loudspeaker system to different acoustic conditions
- Amplifier unit is mounted into the enclosure with vibration isolators which also act as quick release hinges making maintenance operations very easy and straightforward
- Constructed of painted MDF, which is heavily braced to eliminate structural resonances
|Filter||Lower cut-off frequency, -3 dB: < / - 55Hz
Upper cut-off frequency, -3 dB: > / - 20kHz
|Frequency Response||57Hz - 20kHz (± 2.0dB)|
|SPL||Maximum short term sine wave acoustic output on axis in half space, averaged from 100Hz to 3kHz: @ 1m > 117 dB SPL
Maximum long term RMS acoustic output in same conditions with IEC weighted noise (limited by driver unit protection circuit: @ 1m > 107dB SPL
Maximum peak acoustic output per pair with music material: @ 2m > 124dB
|Noise||Self generated noise level in half space at 1 m on axis (A-weighted): < / - 15dB|
|THD||Harmonic distortion at 90dB SPL at 1m on axis
Freq: 60 - 100Hz > 100Hz
< 1 %
< 0.5 %
|Drivers||Bass: 8" (210mm) cone x2
Mid-range: 5" (125mm) cone
Treble: 1" (25mm) metal dome
All drivers are magnetically shielded