Famed for its intuitive touchpad interface, the Kaoss Pad series is highly acclaimed by musicians and DJs around the world. The sounds that drive dance and EDM music movements, and the effects used to create them, are changing. Now you can keep up, introducing the KP3+. A complete update for an effects unit that will generate the sound of 2013 and beyond.
Control effects in real time with the KP3+ touchpad
With an intuitive design and amazing flexibility, the touchpad allows Kaoss Pad 3+ users to easily control effects and parameters with a simple stroke, tap or rub.
The remarkable design allows you to easily control effects in complex ways that would be impossible on a conventional keyboard.
150 effects, ideal for remixing, DJ, live music applications and in-studio use
The flagship model for the Kaoss Pad series, the KP3+ contains 150 new effect programs. In addition to the 108 effects carried over from the KP3, which include filters, delay, reverb, grain shifter and even a vocoder, there are 42 new and improved effects that represent today's dance music scene. These include newly-developed effects such as the Looper, Vinyl Break and Ducking Compressor.
Vinyl Break turntable simulator
It's easy to obtain the scratch or record-stop effect with the Kaoss Pad 3+. In addition to the Mod.1 Vinyl Break, the KP3+ includes the Mod.2 Break Reverb, the LoP.2 Break Looper and LoP.8 Loop Breaker effects which combine the effect with a Looper.
Ducking Compressor to emphasize backbeats
You can use a side-chain effect to emphasize the backbeats of the kick. In addition to Mod.8 Ducking Compressor, there's a new rEV.1 Pump Reverb. Add the sense of 'breathing' to your music by dynamically varying the reverberation in synchonization with the BPM.
With the KP3+, you can loop the sound starting from the instant you touch the touchpad. New programs like the LoP.4 Freeze Looper, LoP.6 Shuttle Looper and LoP.7 Slice Looper are included, with existing programs updated for better functionality.
Effects for breaks and drops
The new LY.2 Echo Break and rEV.3 Reverb Break mute the input sound and generate delay or reverb, ideal ways to create breaks in your DJ play. The KP3+'s synth sound effects are enhanced, bringing them up to date for the evolving dance music scene.
...the effects don't stop there!
Other added effects include the FL.16 Centre Cancel for vocal cancellation, LFO.1 Jag Filter, dLY.5 One Delay which is great for styles like Hip-Hop and Grn.6 Stutter Grain, aternately applying a grain shifter and looper. Korg have completely rethought the X-axis and Y-axis parameter assignments and their polarity, adding flashy and glittering synth sounds as well as many more effects you will discover as you play.
The enhanced sampling functionality of the Kaoss Pad 3+ lets you peform using multiple effects and samples. Each of the four sample banks can record a sample up to 13 seconds long and play it either a s a one-shot or loop. Samples can be triggered in four different ways. Half-beat shift function creates 'doubled' effects and slice and resampling functions let you create new phrases and re-sample the result.
Practical, easy to play and highly expandable
Select your favourite effect programs with eight program memories, and use the Hold effect to sustain it even after your hand has left the touchpad. The Kaoss Pad's LEDs illuminate along the path that's traced by your finger, letting you perform without difficulty in dimly-lit DJ booths. MIDI I/O jacks and a USB port make it easy to control external MIDI devices.
- Use the touchpad to control effects in real time
- A total of 150 effects ideal for DJ mixing and sound design - 42 new types including:
- Vinyl Break simulates a turntable
- Ducking Compressor emphasizes the backbeats
- Newly-designed Looper lets you freely manipulate loops
- Effects you can use for breaks in your DJ play
- High-spec sampling functionality
- Numerous functions to make your performance even more expressive
- FX Release function controls the reverberation to produce a more natural decay
- Mute function cuts the input signal and outputs only the effect sound
- Pad Motion function records and reproduces your effect usage
- Practical functions that are easy to use during live performance or production
- Eight program memories let you switch effects instantly
- Hold function sustains the effect sound
- Set the tempo with auto BPM, tap tempo, or the BPM knob
- Pad LEDs ensure high visibility even in the dark
- Highly expandable for even greater potential
- USB MIDI allows for use as a powerful MIDI controller
- Store sample data on an SD/SDHC card
- Dedicated editor software for centralized management of sample data and settings
|Number of effect programs||150|
|Effect Categories||Filter=20 (6 new), EQ=2 Modulation=18 (5 new), LFO=27 (2 new), Delay=17 (4 new), Reverb=8 (3 new), Grain Shifter=6 (1 new), Looper=20 (17 new), Sampler=7, CrossFade=4, Drum=6, Synth=10 (3 new), Vocoder=5 (1 new)|
|Main controllers||Touch pad, LEVEL slider|
|Audio Input||Line Input (Stereo RCA pin jack), Mic Input (Mono unbalanced 6.3 mm phone Jack)|
|Audio Output||Line Output (Stereo RCA pin jack), Headphone (6.3 mm Stereo phone jack)|
|Power Supply||DC 9V|
|External storage device||SD Card (16MB ? 2GB), SDHC Card (- 32GB)|