Let the KORG SOS Sound on Sound Unlimited Track Recorder capture and preserve all of your inspired moments. Completely self-contained, the KORG SOS allows an unlimited number of overdubs, delivers generous effects, provides dozens of rhythms, and is even a handy chromatic tuner.
Unlimited recording tracks = limitless possibilities
KORG Sound on Sound is a handy-sized multitrack recorder that lets you play back your song while continuing to overdub more parts. You can overdub as many times as you like, without having to worry about running out of tracks. Pick a rhythm, chop out some guitar chords, lay down a vocal, add some harmonies, and play a solo—or 2, or 3, or 50. With the KORG SOS recorder, the possibilities are endless. Used as a sketchpad, Korg Sound on Sound preserves all of your musical ideas, from complex themes to inspired snippets and phrases.
KORG SOS saves each overdub individually
KORG SOS saves as individual WAV files. You can load each overdub directly into nearly any DAW software program as an individual track. The individual files are BWF (Broadcast Wave Format) compliant, meaning they contain timing information. So if you had overdubbed a track in the middle of the song, it will automatically align correctly in a BWF-supported DAW. You can also use the Finalize operation to automatically time-align each overdub track. KORG Sound on Sound records at 44.1 kHz/16-bit resolution, and saves recordings onto a convenient and reliable microSD or microSDHC card.
KORG Sound on Sound is capable of an unlimited number of undo/redo operations. This is great when you are recording alternate takes of a guitar solo, for example. You can set the KORG SOS to keep all of the undone recordings. Move all of your recorded tracks—even undone tracks—to a computer-based DAW system, and then choose the best take. Note: The unlimited undo/redo is limited by the capacity of the installed microSD/SDHC card.
The KORG SOS recorder's A/B Loop function can repeatedly play back a specified section of the songs—a great way to practice your instrument or build up your song. In addition, you can even record while looping, creating results similar to a looper effect.
This powerful feature changes the playback speed without affecting the pitch. Sound Stretch can be used during playback or during recording. You can record a difficult passage at a slow speed and then return playback to normal speed. Likewise, you can slow down the entire sound during playback. Set the playback speed anywhere from 25% to 150% of the original speed.
100 powerful KORG effects
Powered by KORG's proprietary REMS modeling technology, the SOS recorder provides 100 effect choices, including effects for electric guitar (such as amp modeling), acoustic guitar, vocals, or any instrument. The effect can be applied as you record, or added to a previously recorded track. In the Master position, the effect can be applied to the entire song. Effects are divided into Guitar, Mic, Master, and Touch. This last category controls effects in real time, using the KORG SOS recorder's touchscreen display.
•[GTR]: 36 types of KORG modeled guitar & bass effects
•[MIC]: 25 effects designed for acoustic sources using a microphone - vocals, acoustic guitar, etc.
•[MST]: 32 Master Effects, suitable for adding to a recorded song, or when recording a line input source (such as an external MP3 player)
•[TCH]: 7 Touch Effects, controllable in real-time using the display
The SOS recorder's rhythm function is convenient when recording your phrases and ideas. It can be used as a tempo guide or to create a rhythm backing. Fifty rhythms (each with four variations) cover a broad range of styles. Simply choose a pattern and set the tempo. The touch screen allows you to select one of four variations to change the complexity of the pattern
KORG tuner technology
Now you can always be in tune when you record. Guitar, Bass, and Chromatic digital tuners are built in to the KORG Sound on Sound. The calibration range is adjustable from 435Hz to 445Hz.
High-quality stereo mic / Internal monitor speaker
A high-quality stereo condenser mic is securely mounted inside the KORG Sound on Sound, providing a broad frequency response that realistically captures the sound of acoustic instruments. You can adjust the Tone, Low Cut, and Noise Gate settings of the input sound. The input level can be set manually or automatically. An external microphone jack is also provided. The dedicated guitar input lets you connect your guitar directly to the SOS. A line input for an external audio device is also provided. The monitor speaker lets you review your recording on the spot, without requiring any additional equipment.
Easy-to-use modern design
KORG Sound on Sound features a wedge shaped design that's easy to use whether held in your hand or placed on a desk. All the buttons are laid out on the top surface for intuitive operation. The innovative display provides a clear indication of the KORG Sound on Sound's current functions and settings. The touchscreen display allows realtime access to song playback position, level adjustment, effect parameters, and rhythm patterns simply by touching your fingertip directly to the screen.
Battery powered portability
KORG Sound on Sound can operate for up to ten hours using two AA alkaline batteries. It can also be used with an AC adapter (sold separately).
KORG AUDIO UTILITY downloadable software
The KORG Audio Utility format conversion and audio CD creation software can be downloaded for free from Korg, and used free of charge. This software provides convenient data management of your recorded songs. With it, you can perform simple editing of the audio data, convert between audio formats, and even create audio CDs.
Allows unlimited overdubs with tons of effects, rhythms, and even a chromatic tuner.
- Multitrack recorder provides on-board rhythms, effects, and an infinite number of overdubs for truly creative recordings
- Pocket-sized, portable, and battery powered
- With the built-in speaker and an internal high-quality stereo mic, you can capture and review your recordings instantly, without the need for any additional equipment
- Advanced recording features include unlimited undo/redo, loop recording, and Sound Stretch - adjust the playback speed without changing the pitch
- 100 on-board effects—powered by Korg's proprietary REMS technology—to enhance your recordings using a wide range of instruments
- Record along to 50 preset rhythm patterns, covering a broad variety of styles
- Record and save up to 200 songs in WAV format
- High-performance guitar, bass, and chromatic tuners are built in
- Records up to ten hours on a pair of AA batteries
- Wedge-shaped design is easy to use as a hand-held recorder or on a desktop
- Korg Audio Utility software provides format conversion and audio CD creation. (Downloadable free from Korg)
Sound on Sound Unlimited Track Recorder SR1
- Recording format: PCM audio format, WAV format (extension: .wav), BWF compliant, 44.1 kHz@16-bit
- Available recording time: Memory card dependent - up to 26.6 hours with a 16 GB card; Approx. 100 minutes per 1GB
- Maximum continuous recording time: 6 hours
- Total number of songs: Up to 200 songs (as recognized by the recorder)
- Maximum number of Overdubs: Dependent on memory card space
- Undo/Redo: 1X, 10X, Unlimited (Dependent on memory card space)
- Tempo: 30-240 BPM
- Number of Rhythms: 50
- Counter Modes: Hours/Min/Sec, Measure/Beat/Quarter-Beat
- Number of Effects: 100
- Categories: Guitar (36), Mic (25), Master (30), Touchscreen effects (9)
- Tuning Modes: Chromatic; Guitar; Bass
- Scale: 12-note equal temperament
- Calibration range: 435Hz~445Hz
- Supported Memory cards: microSD card (512MB-2GB), microSDHC card (4GB-16GB)
- Display: Touchscreen LCD with backlight
- Power supply: AA/LR6 alkaline battery x2, AA nickel-metal hydride battery x2, Optional AC adapter (DC4.5V)
- Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Maximum output: 0.4W
- 2.72" (W) x 5.31" (H) x 1.3" (D), 4.94 oz. (including memory card and batteries) Connections
- Input connectors
- GUITAR IN: Connector 1/4" phone jack (balanced), Input impedance 470k Ohms, Nominal level -6[dBv]
- LINE IN: Connector 1/8" stereo mini jack, Input impedance 14k Ohms, Nominal level -6[dBv]
- MIC: Connector 1/8" stereo mini jack (switchable to Plug-In-Power), Input impedance 15k Ohms, Nominal level
- MIC GAIN: LOW/MID/HIGH (-22[dBv]/-30[dBv]/-38[dBv]) Output connector
- HEADPHONES: Connector 1/8" stereo mini jack, Maximum level 25mW + 25mW @16 Ohms Korg Audio Utility Software
- Windows Vista (Service Pack 2 or later), Windows XP Home Edition/Professional Edition (ServicePack 3 or later),
- CPU: Intel Pentium III 1 GHz or faster, Memory: 256MB or larger (512MB or larger recommended)
- Mac OS X 10.4.11 or later (Intel-based Mac supported), CPU Apple G4 800 MHz or faster (Intel-based Mac supported), Memory: 256MB or larger (512MB or larger recommended)